Thursday, July 06, 2006


San Sakana Wine Haiku Society, how it all started....


When we started San Sakana, the idea was floated that we should do Wine Haiku, to keep with the Japanese theme. Some took it as a joke, but I believed that it could become a great theme for the winery. Life, Lust, Love, Wine and Food -- if you could have everything you want in these five areas, what else would you want?

So I started the San Sakana Wine Haiku Society, mostly to celebrate the role of Wine in our life's most intimate moments. Wine can and does share all of the moments which puctuate our life's journey, and often the memories we have of life's poignant moments -- both good and bad -- involve wine in some way. The Haiku Society is open to everyone; I publish every wine-related haiku I get. I also give credit to all authors. Truth be told, most of the haiku are mine (in fact, ALL haiku which don't list an author -- nearly 200 so far -- are all mine). I have found that haiku can express so much about life, whether pain or joy or the quick fiery passion of a growing lust. I invite everyone to read them and contribute what you can!

http://sansakana.com/category/haiku

Best
Peter Himes
Fish C
Haiku ist

PS today we got Googled for the first time as a haiku site! Woo hoo!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home